Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Children's Books: Chris Raschka Wins Caldecott Medal!

Children's Books
Get the latest headlines from the Children's Books GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Chris Raschka Wins Caldecott Medal!
Jan 25th 2012, 00:24

A Ball for Daisy by Chris Raschka cover artThe talented Chris Raschka is the 2012 Randolph Caldecott Medal winner for picture book illustration for A Ball for Daisy. This is Raschka's second Caldecott Medal. He won the 2006 Caldecott Medal for Norton Juster's The Hello, Goodbye Window. Raschka's illustrations for A Poke in the I: A Collection of Concrete Poems and A Kick in the Head: An Everyday Guide to Poetic Forms are among my favorites. Two of the three 2012 Caldecott Honor Books, Me...Jane and Blackout, are also on my personal Best Illustrated Children's Books of 2011 list. Are you more apt to buy a book for your child/teen if it's an award winner? Please let me know by posting a comment at Readers Respond.

(Cover art courtesy of Random House)

Subscribe to my newsletter | Follow me on Twitter | Connect with me on Facebook

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment