Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Children's Books: Recommended! A Picture Book Biography of the Statue of Liberty

Children's Books
Get the latest headlines from the Children's Books GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Recommended! A Picture Book Biography of the Statue of Liberty
Oct 27th 2011, 00:01

Cover art of the children's picture book Lady Liberty: A BiographyEver since I first visited the Statue of Liberty as a very young child, I have been fascinated by it. When I read Lady Liberty: A Biography, I was delighted to find, in picture book format, the dramatic story of the building of the Statue of Liberty, from the initial idea to the grand celebration upon its unveiling. Between the story and the extra information presented at the end of the book, tweens (8-12-year-olds), teens and adults will learn all about this beloved American symbol. Lady Liberty: A Biography was written by Doreen Rappaport, illustrated by Matt Tavares, and published by Candlewick Press. I highly recommend it. If there are other children's books about the Statue of Liberty that you like, please click on "Comments" below and share your recommendations.

(Cover art courtesy of Candlewick Press)

Subscribe to my newsletter | Follow me on Twitter | Connect with me on Facebook

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment